Demand and Response Transportation
What is it?
DART is an on-demand, fare-free, curb-to-curb paratransit service for UVA students and employees, who, due to a disability, are not able to use University Transit Service (UTS), UVA's fixed-route transit system. DART operates whenever UTS academic routes are in service. The UTS service schedule can be found here.
The service was developed with the Office for Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights and is operated by Yellow Cab of Charlottesville.
Need to Know Information
Individuals interested in using the DART service must submit an application and review the DART Rider's Guide, which includes specific instructions on how to schedule rides with Yellow Cab, tips for a good experience, and DART rider responsibilities.
Applications to use the DART service are available here or at the following locations:
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
DART Service Area
The service area covers the entirety of UVA Grounds and extends three-quarters of a mile beyond the UTS bus routes in all directions.
- To the south, the service area goes to I-64.
- To the west, the service area goes to Route 29.
- To the north, the service area goes to the 250 Bypass.
- To the east, the service area goes to McIntire Road/5th Street.
- The service area also includes the Northridge Medical Park.