A 10-punch Afton Express pass costs $25, equaling $2.50/ride. Now, UVA students, staff, and faculty can get a pass for $20 when it is purchased through UVA Parking and Transportation. For those riding everyday, that is ~$20/month in savings or $240/year.
How to Purchase
The pass can be purchased on the P&T Online Parking Portal.
- Go to the Online Parking Portal and select Get Permits.
- Login using NetBadge.
- Select Get Permits and select Next.
- Select Afton Express Pass at the bottom of the Annual Permit section, agree to the Rules and Regulations, and select Next.
- Multiple passes can be purchased, but it has to be done one at a time.
- Select a vehicle linked to your account and select Next.
- At this time, purchasing through the Online Parking Portal requires a vehicle be linked to your account.
- Select a location and select Next. The only location is "Afton Express Pass".
- Confirm that your email is correct and select Process Payment. You will be redirected to EPay at UVA to complete the transaction.
Note: The UVA discount is not available on purchases made directly from the Afton Express driver.
Passes are mailed out once a week on Mondays to ensure riders have them by the start of the following week. Please confirm/update your mailing address in the Manage Account section of the Online Parking Portal.
For questions or assistance please call our office at 434-924-7231 during business hours