Safe Ride Service Hours
Fall and Spring Academic Semesters
- Overnight Sunday through Wednesday (12:30am-7:30am - "12:30AM Service")
- Overnight Thursday through Saturday (2:00am-7:30am - "2:00 AM Service")
Summer and Academic Breaks
- Overnight 10:00pm-7:30am ("10:00 PM Service")
- Overnight Saturday through Monday (12:30am-7:30am - "12:30AM Service")
During UVA Exams
- Overnight 12:30am-7:30am ("12:30AM Service")
Inclement Weather and Emergency Situations
Riders displaying any unsafe or prohibited behavior are subject to referral to the University Police Department and/or the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Smoking (including e-cigarettes), drinking or eating in the van.
- Belligerent, aggressive, and any other unsafe behavior or activity, including intoxication.
- Repeated instances of being a "no show" for requested rides. (To cancel a ride, call 434-242-1122).
- Discharging of bodily fluids inside the van.
- Luggage, bicycles, and/or any article too large to fit on the rider's lap or at the rider's feet.
- Groups of 3 or more.
- Animals (except Service Animals).
- Open alcohol containers and/or lit cigarettes/e-cigarettes.
Verify Your Ride
It is important to verify the authenticity of the Safe Ride vehicle. All Safe Ride vehicles are marked with the Split-V "Safe Ride" branding, have State issued blue license plates, and are driven by uniformed staff members.
Van 1: 2007 GMC Siena (White)
Van 2: 2011 Chevy Express Van (White)
Van 4: 2015 Toyota Sienna Van (Blue)
Van 5: 2017 Dodge Caravan (White)
Van 6: 2010 GMC Siena (White)
Van 7: 2017 Ford Transit (White)
Wheelchair Accessible Van: Safe Ride is able to provide transportation via a wheelchair accessible van. Users needing wheelchair accessibility should request a Safe Ride by calling 434-242-1122 and informing the dispatcher.