John Paul Jones Events
Parking for guests attending events at John Paul Jones Arena is located immediately surrounding the Arena. Parking passes are required to park in these lots and may be purchased online at www.johnpauljonesarena.com, charge by phone at 1-888-JPJ-TIXS (1-888-575-8497), or at the John Paul Jones Arena Box Office. The John Paul Jones Arena is located at 295 Massie Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903.
Permit Holders in BLUE lots
Some John Paul Jones (JPJ) Arena events will require permit holders to vacate the lots surrounding University Hall (U-Hall) and the JPJ Arena by a posted time. Permit holders who are unable to vacate by the posted time should park at the Emmet/Ivy Parking Garage. Please note that the Emmet/Ivy Garage gates will close at 1:00 AM following the event. Vehicles not able to vacate the lots by the posted time will be subject to ticketing and towing.
Generally, permit holders will be required to vacate the lots based on the following, unless otherwise noted on the schedule below:
- John Paul Jones Arena Surface Lot and Garage: 3 hours prior to event start time (Monday-Sunday)
- University Hall East, West lots: No earlier than 5:30PM (Monday-Friday), 3 hours prior to event start time (Saturday and Sunday)
If your work schedule, on event dates, is such that you are unable to exit the Emmet/Ivy Garage by 4:00am, or if you drive a vehicle that cannot access the Emmet/Ivy Garage, please call 434-924-5147 prior to the event date for alternative parking accommodations.
Although reserved parking adjacent to the stadium is available exclusively to qualified Virginia Athletics Foundation donors, the University has identified general public parking spaces during football season to accommodate fans. The parking includes UVA parking lots at North Grounds and University Hall/John Paul Jones, areas at the Fontaine Research Park, garages located at Emmet Street & Ivy Road, Central Grounds, the UVA Health System area and in Downtown Charlottesville. More information can be found here.
Parking lots designated for Basketball Game Day Parking open 1.5 hours prior to tip-off. All vehicles must vacate the parking lots 1 hour after the game ends.
Free Parking Options (Park and Walk)
- North Grounds: Park and Walk (10 Minutes)
- Free parking is available on a first-come, first-service basis in the parking lots surrounding the Darden School of Business (D1 and D10) and the Law School (D2, D3, D5).
- The Park: Park and Walk (20 Minutes)
- Free parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis in The Park located off Massie Road near the Law School in North Grounds. Accessible shuttle service is available.
Pay for Parking Options
- Parking is available at the Central Grounds Parking Garage for visitors. Hourly parking rates apply.
- Parking at the Emmet/Ivy Parking Garage is available for $5.00 per game (limited quantities available).
Virginia Athletics Foundation Parking
Reserved parking for eligible VAF members is available in the lots surrounding the Football and Basketball games, based on VAF assignments. Please visit the VAF Website for more information.
Parking for People with Disabilities
Please Refer to the Men's Basketball Home Game Disability Parking Information Section
Music and Theater Parking
Central Grounds Garage
Located on Emmet Street underneath the University Bookstore, the Central Grounds Garage is available to all University visitors and theater patrons at an hourly rate.
C1 Parking lot (Cabell Hall)
Located off McCormick Road behind Clark and Bryan Halls, the C1 parking lot is prioritized for patrons with limited mobility and will require special permits for most events.
Old Cabell Hall also has access from the Lawn via a ramp into the west entrance of the lobby for patrons with disabilities. Once entering the lobby, proceed to the right through a double doorway and take an immediate left.
Culbreth Road Garage
Located off Culbreth Road near the Drama Building, the Culbreth Road Garage is available for patrons after 5pm Monday-Friday, and all day on Saturdays and Sundays. Please contact the Drama Department for special instructions for events starting prior to 5pm Monday-Friday.
For major University events (Final Exercises, Convocation, Founder's Day) please visit the Office of Major Events website