JAUNT is launching a new commuter service Crozet CONNECT on August 5, 2019. This service will connect several neighborhoods in Crozet to key locations in Charlottesville, including UVA, the UVA Medical Center, and Downtown Charlottesville. Service operates Monday-Friday and is free with your UVA ID.
West Route is an option if you:
- Live in Bargamin, Grayrock, Waylands Grant, or Old Trail
- Work at the Rice Hall area or UVA Medical Center
- Start work between 7:00 and 8:30 AM
- End work between 4:00 and 6:30 PM
East Route is an option if you:
- Live in Wickham Pond, Western Ridge, the Highlands, or within walking distance to the Crozet Market or Starr Hill Brewery
- Work at UVA Central Grounds Garage area or at UVA Medical Center
- Start work between 7:00 and 9:00 AM
- End work between 4:00 and 6:00 PM
The routes, stops, and schedules are targeted based on residential and employment density, sidewalk infrastructure, and traditional work hours. Although the service may not serve everyone at first, it could be an immediate alternative to driving alone for many.
Whether you consider riding Crozet CONNECT every day or just a few times per month, we at Parking & Transportation can help you find the right route and schedule for you. For those who commit to riding twice per week, we can help you register for a guaranteed emergency ride home for that crucial piece of mind in the event of an emergency. For those who ride three or more times per week, we can help match you with affordable occasional parking permits for those times when driving is a must.
If you would like assistance figuring out if and how this service could help you, we invite you to contact us at email@example.com to set up a time to talk through it. Within a few days, our staff will contact you to explore the possibilities.
JAUNT is hosting two information sessions in Crozet at which potential riders can explore the schedule, get a look at the bus, and enjoy music, food, and prizes:
- August 2, 7-9PM, Starr Hill Brewery
- August 3, 12-2PM, Old Trail Business Center