To continue UVA's commitment to safety for all, UVA Health and University Transit Service (UTS) have implemented the following guidelines and requirements for bus passengers:
- Ride for essential trips only. If you are physically able, please consider walking or biking.
- Effective May 4 and until further notice: for UVA Health Team Members commuting to the Medical Center, you may park in ANY parking lots around Scott Stadium (including E3 and T4 along Whitehead Road.) These lots are just a 10-minute walk to the Medical Center.
- Passengers must enter and exit through the rear doors only.
- Front-door access will be permitted only for passengers needing the boarding ramp or operator assistance to access the bus.
- When waiting to board a bus at a bus shelter, please form a single-file line and remain 6 feet apart from each other.
- A mask or face covering is required to board the bus and must be worn throughout the duration of your trip.
- Maintain physical distance from your fellow passengers by avoiding sitting or standing directly next to someone in accordance with the diagram below. The inside of the buses have been marked for easy identification of spacing.
- Maintain physical distance from your bus driver by not crossing the yellow chain cordoning off the driver's compartment, as seen in the diagram below.