There are three construction projects taking place on Brandon Avenue that will create significant disruption starting in May, 2018 through the year 2021.
- Upper Class Housing
- Green Street and Utilities
- New Student Health Center
The Facilities Planning & Construction division of Facilities Management is maintaining a web site for construction alerts, status reports, photos, drawings/renderings, and project contact people:
On August 19, 2019, the K2 spaces that were gated for the summer will reopen to K2 permit holders. Access to the K2 lot from Jefferson Park Avenue will remain off Monroe Avenue as the north end of Brandon Avenue will remain closed until early 2020.
Vehicle and Pedestrian Traffic Flow
Brandon Avenue Parking Reference Map
- Lot A - Available as of August 19, 2019
- Lot B - Closed
- Lot C - Available as of August 2019
Construction Impacts, August 20, 2018 through Summer 2019
- April 15, 2019 through Spring 2020 - For approximately 8-10 months, access to Brandon Avenue will be through a connector road from Monroe Avenue to Brandon Avenue. Permit holders should plan their routes accordingly.
- August 2019 through May 2020 - K2 is expected to remain in its current configuration.
Impact on the Parking Configuration after Summer 2019
The master plan for Brandon Avenue includes parking underneath the new buildings. These parking structures will take the place of the former surface parking lots.
The first two to be completed will be under the Upper Class Housing building (estimated Fall 2019) and the new Student Health Building (estimated 2021).
The Office of the Architect maintains a web site of the Brandon Avenue Master plan. For parking information, see pages 27-29: