UVA Health Permits
Parking permits for Northridge (U6), Fontaine (U9), and all Medical Center close-in parking lots and garages will automatically renew on June 1, 2020. A notification of renewal will be sent via email to permit holders on May 15, 2020. If you intend to use your permit after 6/1/2020 for any length of time, allow your permit to renew during this process, then turn in your permit when you leave. See below for more information on the financial mitigation parking plan through at least August 16, 2020. To cancel or delay permit renewal, email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22, 2020.
Gate card holders who renew should continue using the same card. If you are renewing a decal permit, new decals will be mailed by June 30 to the mailing address on file. Current decals will be honored until the new decal arrives.
Carpools will receive more information prior to their permits expiring.
The 2020–2021 monthly permit rates are below:
|South Garage on Crispell Drive||$110|
|11th Street Garage||$110|
|N – McLeod Garage||$110|
For Team Members 100% Furloughed
For full time employees, your parking permit will not be charged for the duration of your furlough. Please email email@example.com one week prior to returning to work to renew your parking permit for the same location at the 2020–2021 rates. For wage/hourly employees with annual permits – email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22 to delay renewal and again one week prior to returning to renew your parking permit for the same location at the 2020-2021 rates.
For Team Members Impacted by a Reduced Schedule or Pay Reduction
An institutional decision has been made that parking fees will not be waived for those working a reduced schedule or experiencing a pay reduction. For parking permits after June 1, you have two options:
Renew your permit by May 31, 2020 and continue payroll deductions at the 2020–2021 rate. If no action is taken to cancel or delay permit renewal by May 22, 2020, your permit will automatically renew on June 1, 2020 with a payroll payment plan for the 2020–2021 permit year.
- Do not renew your parking permit until you return to a full work schedule. A notification of permit renewal will be sent via email on May 15, 2020. By May 22, 2020, take the action in the instructions to delay renewal.
- One week before returning to a full work schedule, email email@example.com to renew your parking permit. At that time, the permit will be renewed for the current location at the 2020–2021 permit rate.
- If you require occasional parking, the following options are available:
- Access to the Medical Center on Grounds – you may park at Scott Stadium at no charge and ride the UTS Redline Special to the Medical Center. You do not need to display a permit to park at the Stadium (at least through August 15, 2020). UTS is practicing safe social distancing, and masks are required.
- Access to Fontaine or Northridge – email firstname.lastname@example.org about options for purchasing parking that matches your schedule.
2019–2020 parking permits have an expiration date of May 31, 2020 or June 30, 2020. In response to the COVID-19 impact on the University operations, Parking and Transportation has virtually extended the expiration date on permits for the academic campus until August 15, 2020 (see list below). Permit holders on the list will not be charged the biweekly/monthly rate from June 1, 2020 through August 15, 2020 and no physical decal will be mailed. Employees should continue to display their current decal when parking on grounds.
Additional information regarding 2020–2021 parking permit renewals will be communicated via email in July.
The following academic permits are extended through August 15, 2020:
- A0, A1, A10, A11, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9
- B2, B7
- C1, C2, C3, C5, C7
- Central Grounds Garage
- D1, D1S, D2, D2C1, D2S, D4, D4A6, D4C1, D4T4, D5, D10, D10 EV
- E1, E3
- Emmet Ivy Garage
- F1, F6
- IVY1, IVY2, IVY3, IVY4
- L1, L1RS, L2RS, L3, L3RS, L4, L4RS, L5, L5RS, L6, L6RS, L7RS, L8, L8RS
- R1, R1C1A0, R2, R4, R6
- T3, T4, T4M11, T5
- W1, W2, W3, W5, W6, W8
- X1, X3
- Y0, Y1, Y2, Y3
- Z1, Z2
Occasional parking permits are extended through December 31, 2020.
Dashboard permit requests should be emailed to email@example.com
Permits held in a Department's name will be renewed by P&T in June.
Please feel free to email us if you have any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.